NOMINATIONS FOR MAYOR”S NIGHT AT THE ARTS ARE NOW OPEN!
Nominations Open May 1, 2016 – Nominations Close Oct 28, 2016
Adjudication Oct 28-Nov 11, 2016
Presentation of Awards Jan 28, 2017
AMNA AWARDS CATEGORIES
Patron of the Arts Award
This Category is designed to recognize a business or individual in the community that has made outstanding philanthropic contributions to an Airdrie arts organization and therefore enhancing the entire arts community. If you are nominating a business, the business must be a registered and licensed business. If you are nominating an individual, the individual may not represent any specific business, group or organization in this category.
Champion of the Arts Award
This Category is designed to recognize an individual in the community who has made outstanding contributions through a variety of non-financial ways such as volunteering and mentoring; supporting the arts in Airdrie and therefore enhancing the entire arts community. The individual may not represent any specific business, group or organization in this category.
Youth Artist Award
This category is designed to recognize an individual 21 years of age and under who has shown exemplary discipline, effort, talent and promise in their chosen artistic endeavours. Individuals nominated under the age of 18 must have parental consent to participate in the nomination process. Samples of the individual’s work and resume are to accompany the nomination form. (See submission requirements below.) In addition to the award, the youth recipient will receive a $1000 scholarship.
Emerging Artist Award
This category is designed to recognize an individual who has been a part of the Airdrie arts community for less than five years and who has demonstrated excellence and creativity in their work. Artists must be responsible for creating their own work, not interpreting the work of others or creating work under the supervision of an instructor. This individual has shown exceptional promise in the area of the arts; literary, music, dance, new media, theatre or visual arts.
Professional Artist Award
This category is designed to recognize an individual in the arts community respected by their contemporaries for advancing and enhancing the arts through their exceptional talent and body of work. This individual has made a substantial contribution to our community in the area of the arts; literary, music, dance, new media, theatre or visual arts. Nominees shall have demonstrated an extraordinary contribution over an extended period. Samples of the individual’s work and their resume is to accompany the nomination form. (See submission requirements below.)
Arts Educator Award
This Category is designed to recognize passionate, dedicated and innovative educators that have made outstanding teaching contributions in the Airdrie arts community. These teachers set the benchmark for quality in art education and strive to further its excellence and relevancy. They are mentors who consistently nurture their students’ artistic potential and creative processes. They are leaders in forward thinking, critical analysis and historical knowledge of their artistic milieu. The ability to further their students’ growth and development through the generosity of their time and guidance is what makes them truly unique. Valid nominees will have been teaching in some capacity for no less than 3 years, and should be able to produce a listing of past accomplishments, programs, and or substantial student progress.
Recipients for the individual awards must:
-be nominated by an individual or group, self-nominations are not accepted
-be a current resident and have lived in the Airdrie area for at least two years
1. All nominations must contain a letter detailing why the nominator considers the nominee worthy of the award. Specify in as much detail as possible, how their contributions have impacted your community, your project or organization, etc.
2. When nominating for Champion or Patron award, elaborate as much as possible on what makes the support/project/relationship important to your organization.
3. For the youth, emerging and professional artist nominations the following information is also required. Submitted package will not be returned.
a) A Resume/CV of the individual not to exceed two pages
b) Portfolio of past Works/Performances, Achievements and/or Social Media Accounts.
c) Parental Consent for any Nominees under the age of 18
4. The Mayor’s Night of the Arts Committee reserves the right to screen all nominations to verify eligibility.
5. Late nominations are not accepted. Incomplete or ineligible nominations are subject to disqualification. The Awards Committee decision is final.
6. An acknowledgment of receipt of a nomination will be made to each nominator.
7. Successful nominees (and their nominators) are contacted by The Mayor’s Night of the Arts Committee. The names of the unsuccessful candidates will be kept on file for further consideration for the ensuing two years.
8. Nominations for recognition are confidential.